A bunch of stuff got moved ahead over the weekend.
The office from which I do most of my stuff, received an (announced) visit by none other than Koz of rsync, an old buddy. He’d not seen the new office, so I wanted to make a good impression and used this as an excuse to clean the sucker utterly. Doing this revealed a bunch of CDs and a long-promised project to copy cd.textfiles.com for my buddy Gene, so…
..I then started copying a bunch of CDs over to cd.textfiles.com, which resulted in the site having 451,000 new files online. They’re pretty much all amiga and many appear to be somewhat redundant, but there we go, 12gb of new files. This made me regard my storage array differently, which meant…
…I shifted my collections of data around and found 70gb of redundant data. This was stuff where I found a nice mashup album or a documentary in mp4 form or what have you, and I guess I had it in 3-4 places at once. Now I only have it mirrored and archived. So that was a lot of space. This got me thinking about space…
..so I modified how the textfiles.com machine stores data and have room for hundreds more gigabytes of data. This means I could finally….
…go through a stack of CD-ROMs I wanted to add to the site but didn’t know if there’d be space for it. It also meant….
….I was able to set aside additional room for footage for my film.
This is how it works.
Categorised as: Uncategorized
Comments are disabled on this post